Your Castro Valley Plumbers
Reed Plumbing is a family owned and operated plumbing contractor. We offer a full compliment of plumbing services and have been servicing the Castro Valley area and the surrounding neighborhood for 30+ years. we provide fast, reliable and efficient service for any plumbing or drain problem. You won’t find a more knowledgeable plumber in Castro Valley than Reed Plumbing. Call us at (925) 371-5671 to schedule an appointment.
Your neighborhood knows Reed’s as their go-to Castro Valley plumber. We offer full-service plumbing solutions throughout the area. Drains, water heaters, and sewer lines are among the most common issues we are asked to check out. To see what customers have to say about our services, click here to visit our review page.
Residential Plumbing Services
- Burst Pipe Repair
- Water Filtration Systems
- Water Softeners
- Boiler Installation & Repair
- Tankless Water Heaters
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Sump Pumps
- Water Leak Detection
- Gas Leak Detection
- Drain Cleaning
- Gas Line Repair & Replacement
- Sewer Line Repair
- Trenchless Sewer Line Repair
- Water Heaters
- Clogged Toilet Repair
- Water Main Repair & Replacement
We do it all, from drain cleaning to faucet replacement to whole house repiping. We can manage plumbing jobs of any size. Regardless of the problem, we can help. We understand how significant your home is to you, and you need your plumbing problems handled efficiently.
What are signs you need to repair your sewer line?
Damaged or cracked sewer lines could be caused by multiple reasons such as:
- Invasive tree roots
- Severe temperatures
- Shifting Ground
If a failing sewer line is not handled as soon as possible, it can wreak havoc on your pipes and result in sewage backingup through your toilets and even on your lawn. The very last thing you want is a sewer line emergency, here are a few things to suggest that your sewer line might be in need of repair:
- Foul odors coming from the drain
- Foundational Water Damage
- Slow drains
If any of these are present, your sewer line should really be inspected straight away to protect against further damage to your home.
What are some warning signs your home may need professional drain cleaning?
To maintain your pipes in good condition and water flowing freely you need to have your drains cleaned routinely. Give some thought to professional drain cleaning if you notice any of the following:
- Frequent drain clogs
- Flooded basement
- Foul odors emanating from your drain
We will clear away any blockage and recover the full function of your sewer lines as part of our comprehensive draining cleaning solutions. We have the equipment to track down the blockage and remove it completely, so your drains stay clog-free for the longterm. We have a solution for any of the troubles with your pipes. We can remove stubborn tree roots and other debris that have been attached to pipe walls using advanced hydrojetting services. This extremely effective service can also rejuvenate older pipes by eliminating calcium buildup that happens with age. We can return your pipes to like new while extending their lifespan with our professional drain cleaning services.
How can you tell your water heater needs to be replaced?
Have you been procrastinating on updating your water heater? Between 7-10 years is the most you can expect your water heater to last. You may need to consider replacement if you are beginning to notice problems with an older unit. If you continue to put it off you repair bills may continue to increase. The truth is that when you install a new water heater it will likely be more efficient and pay for itself in the long haul. Signals it is time to replace your water heater:
- Leaking tank: If you see puddles near the base of the tank, this is a sure sign that the tank has a leak. This is often due to corrosion from minerals and sediments in the water. A leaking tank cannot be handled with a quick repair. More often than not, you will need to completely replace your water heater. Not to worry, we will help you find the best model that meets your needs and budget.
- Lack of hot water: Has there been a change in your water temperature? Are you using up hot water too quickly? There might be an primary issue with your water heater that calls for a replacement. We will examine your device and offer you a economical option.
- Poor water quality: Are you beginning to detect sediment or rest in your water? This is another indication that the tank has corroded, and that your water heater will need to be replaced.
Benefits of Trenchless Sewer Repair
There is an alternative to digging your way to a sewer line repair. More and more homeowners are opting for trenchless sewer line repairs. There are many benefits and advantages to a trenchless repair including:
- Time – Digging is the largest part of a sewer line repair. Making a repair without digging can save a lot of time.
- Damage – If your sewer line repair is needed below a building or somewhere in your yard, digging to the repair will damage your basement or lawn. A trenchless repair keeps your gardening intact.
- Money – Without the task of digging to find the pipes, you will reduce costs of the repair.
Warning Signs you Need to Repipe
Repiping your home is a monumental task. Many homeowners will try to avoid repiping for as long as they can but there are some signs that you may notice that mean you really need to repipe. Typical signs include water pressure issues, drastic changes in the color or smell of your water, multiple repairs and frequent leaks. You may need to consider repiping if you are dealing with any of these problems.
Tips to Avoid Clogging a Toilet
It should come as no surprise that this is one of the most common plumbing problems in your home. The truth is, if a clogged toilet is ignored it can lead to more expensive and serious issues. Here are some things you can do to make sure it happens more infrequently:
- Use less toilet paper.
- Installing childproof locks on the toilet seat so that children cannot flush foreign objects.
- Flush twice if necessary.
- Place a small trash can next to the toilet for non water soluble items such as diapers and paper towels.
If your home is dealing with unexpected plumbing issues, from sewer line problems to water heater trouble, call Reed Plumbing for a consultation. Expert service at a reasonable price is our pledge to you. No matter what plumbing issue you are dealing with, our team is ready to take care of it for you.
Commercial Plumbing Services
Businesses and institutions throughout Castro Valley trust Reed Plumbing with all their plumbing issues. We realize you have to be focused on managing your business and your clients, so let us deal with it for you. All of our professional technicians are well versed in all aspects of commercial plumbing issues. Our team handles everything, from unclogging toilets to sewer drain cleaning to flood control. We carry out basic service jobs in addition to more complicated projects such as gas line installation, or plumbing remodeling alterations that may be needed.
Call us today at (925) 371-5671 to set up your next service call. We will identify the cause of your plumbing problem and get repairs or replacements underway.